Skip to main content

Bob Hart - Why I Like to Volunteer


The first thing that comes to mind is, it’s fun.  I could stop right there but there is more.  Volunteering provided me the opportunity to be part of a team, to be engaged with others, working toward a common goal, sharing, cooperating, encouraging each other.  I found this to be true in all of the different volunteer positions, from being on the Board, being a member of the Giving Intention Team, on the Stewardship Team, jumping into the Nurturing Our Community program, and now coordinating the Art In the Center Program.  Even individual activities like pulling weeds, doing tasks for the maintenance department, or painting a room brought a deeper sense of being a part of our community.

Volunteering has given me a deeper sense of belonging.  Much like my experience of watching services online during Covid and feeling like how great it was to be in the comfort of my home perfectly satisfied watching services on the wide screen tv, then coming back to in-person services and realizing what I had been missing but didn’t realize it:  Honest to God real contact with people!  In the same way, volunteering brings me to a fuller appreciation and a deeper involvement in the Center leaving me feeling like this really is my home.

Thank you, Bob Hart, for your heart of service to our community and the world.

Connecting with a Higher Purpose

Volunteering provides an opportunity to connect with something larger than ourselves. By engaging in acts of service, we tap into the inherent interconnectedness of all living beings, recognizing that we are part of a greater whole. This realization can foster a sense of purpose, helping us transcend our personal concerns and contribute to the well-being of others. When we align our actions with a higher purpose, we experience a profound spiritual shift that can bring meaning and fulfillment to our lives.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Focus on Being A Trustee: Lawrence Edwards.

Thank you, Lawrence and the past and future trustees for guiding our  Center and volunteering your time and expertise.  Are you interested in becoming a trustee?   Contact us at info@cslsr.org

What I Love About Being a Volunteer - Mary Ann Granieri

"I’ve always loved using my talents to contribute in some way to my community. It brings me a sense of satisfaction and well-being to help create, nurture, and sustain a healthy spiritual community that in turn supports and sustains so many others, individually as well as those in our local and global communities. Volunteering at the Center has allowed me to meet new people in a way that’s been easy and fun. A spirit of camaraderie easily develops as we collaborate on a common goal. I’ve developed dear friendships with some of the people I’ve met volunteering. It’s also created an opportunity to work with and get to know many of the talented and hard-working staff and ministers who are so dedicated to this Center. My appreciation for CSLSR and for everyone who contributes to it has grown immensely as I’ve glimpsed a bit of what goes on behind the scenes. As I’ve been able to contribute and create by volunteering, I’ve also received much. I feel truly seen, valued, and appreciated....

What I Love About Being a Volunteer - Bette Smith

"I love volunteering at the Center because I get so much in return. I meet new and interesting people and connect with people I haven’t seen in years. I like working behind the scenes so I help Allan Yeager with some parts of the website which is a job I can do from home. I work in the bookstore where I’m surrounded by beautiful items for sale. And I love teaching classes because I have benefited so much from all the classes I’ve taken.  Coming to the Center for over twenty five years has changed my life. I love giving back my beloved Center that has fed me and helped me grow." -Bette Smith