Skip to main content

Featured Volunteer: Sheri Pool

Having been an occasional visitor to our center, I finally joined in 2017 and began volunteering as an usher and greeter in 2018. My volunteering then extended to serving as grief support once a month and joining the Heart-in-Hand team. In January this year I attended the Welcoming Committee Workshop and would have begun serving in late March, but, well, we all know why that didn't happen.

With not being able to do welcoming, grief support, or ushering and greeting, I have been able to continue with Heart-in-Hand support, which is very rewarding to me, as well as to our clients. But wanting to do more, I am now staffing the Telephone Prayer Ministry line two nights a week and this is a tremendous honor. I am grateful for the opportunities we have for connecting through service. 

Namaste! 

 Sheri Pool

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Focus on Being A Trustee: Lawrence Edwards.

Thank you, Lawrence and the past and future trustees for guiding our  Center and volunteering your time and expertise.  Are you interested in becoming a trustee?   Contact us at info@cslsr.org

What I Love About Being a Volunteer - Mary Ann Granieri

"I’ve always loved using my talents to contribute in some way to my community. It brings me a sense of satisfaction and well-being to help create, nurture, and sustain a healthy spiritual community that in turn supports and sustains so many others, individually as well as those in our local and global communities. Volunteering at the Center has allowed me to meet new people in a way that’s been easy and fun. A spirit of camaraderie easily develops as we collaborate on a common goal. I’ve developed dear friendships with some of the people I’ve met volunteering. It’s also created an opportunity to work with and get to know many of the talented and hard-working staff and ministers who are so dedicated to this Center. My appreciation for CSLSR and for everyone who contributes to it has grown immensely as I’ve glimpsed a bit of what goes on behind the scenes. As I’ve been able to contribute and create by volunteering, I’ve also received much. I feel truly seen, valued, and appreciated....

What I Love About Being a Volunteer - Bette Smith

"I love volunteering at the Center because I get so much in return. I meet new and interesting people and connect with people I haven’t seen in years. I like working behind the scenes so I help Allan Yeager with some parts of the website which is a job I can do from home. I work in the bookstore where I’m surrounded by beautiful items for sale. And I love teaching classes because I have benefited so much from all the classes I’ve taken.  Coming to the Center for over twenty five years has changed my life. I love giving back my beloved Center that has fed me and helped me grow." -Bette Smith