Skip to main content

Featured Volunteer: Gail Mardfin


The things that I volunteer to do at the Center are things that I like to do and which make use of my God-given talents. Since arriving 5 years ago from being very active at a CSL in Morristown, New Jersey, I’ve helped out with publicity and graphic design needs in various ways, but most especially for the Nurturing Our Community program and silent auction, and all that goes into that. 

Most especially I enjoyed being a part of the devoted volunteer group that makes up the NOC Committee. I also used to do Sunday announcements from the stage; once I had crossed my fear the first heart-pounding time, I thought it was fun! A new perspective. My current available time is irregular since I take care of my dear granddaughter a couple of times a week, so it is hard to commit to a team effort. I was happy to see “paint electric box” on Evan’s ToDo list and step forward. 

Perfect conditions: sun in your eye and leaves falling on wet paint. It was great!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We're Passing the Baton, is it to you?

We have mentioned before that we are intending to gradually scale back on bookstore duties and eventually step down completely.  We are actively seeking people to help in the following areas: advertising, computer skills (Excel, Word), social media, graphic art (creative signage), special events, deep cleaning and the BIG ONE...retail management and retail buying skills.  Passing the baton Yes, we wish to pass on the management of the store to new volunteers, preferably a manager and assistant manager (or perhaps a management team).  In this store's management, the most important and time-consuming tasks are ordering product, input of product and managing the product.  We would train and continue to advise (if necessary) to ensure a smooth transition of leadership in the two basic areas of gift items and books. For a while, we wish to retain the decorating portion of managing the store. Managing the store is a HUGE responsibility, but the rewards are ten...

Meet your extraordinary Board Trustee and Treasurer, Karen Hatten.

and....Karen wears many hats in Service to our community. On most Sunday mornings she can be found greeting guest and welcoming newcomers.  Thank you Karen for your love and service to our spiritual community.  

How to Volunteer

Please email the member of staff next to the area you are interested in and we will contact you. Landscape and gardening - william.abel@cslsr.org Sunday hospitality - linda.hann@cslsr.org Facility housekeeping - william.abel@cslsr.org Video team - christopher.fritzsche@cslsr.org Facility projects (painting, organizing, repair) - william.abel@cslsr.org Skilled help (electrical, plumbing, etc.) - william.abel@cslsr.org Event Parking Lot surveillance - william.abel@cslsr.org Zoom tech - russ.legear@cslsr.org  "When we serve others, we gain more than hope. We gain energy." — Margaret J. Wheatley in  Turning to One Another "All acts of service are meaningless unless they are given with love." — Sai Baba in  Wisdom from World Religions  by Sir John Templeton