Skip to main content

What I Love About Being a Volunteer - Bruce Gatta

 

"I love volunteering at the Center every Sunday, doing setup, teardown, and counting congregants…it’s been satisfying seeing our numbers increase since we’ve returned! I recently started greeting congregants, which is especially rewarding. I also like picking up the trash and making our Center look clean and beautiful!

Doing this makes me truly happy. I love that I have a small part in the making of the Sunday Services. The Service gives me a positive start to every week, and I find that my part in this Spiritual Circulation is a great blessing."

Bruce Gatta

Comments

  1. We Love Bruce One of a kind Great Person

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We're Passing the Baton, is it to you?

We have mentioned before that we are intending to gradually scale back on bookstore duties and eventually step down completely.  We are actively seeking people to help in the following areas: advertising, computer skills (Excel, Word), social media, graphic art (creative signage), special events, deep cleaning and the BIG ONE...retail management and retail buying skills.  Passing the baton Yes, we wish to pass on the management of the store to new volunteers, preferably a manager and assistant manager (or perhaps a management team).  In this store's management, the most important and time-consuming tasks are ordering product, input of product and managing the product.  We would train and continue to advise (if necessary) to ensure a smooth transition of leadership in the two basic areas of gift items and books. For a while, we wish to retain the decorating portion of managing the store. Managing the store is a HUGE responsibility, but the rewards are ten...

Meet your extraordinary Board Trustee and Treasurer, Karen Hatten.

and....Karen wears many hats in Service to our community. On most Sunday mornings she can be found greeting guest and welcoming newcomers.  Thank you Karen for your love and service to our spiritual community.  

How to Volunteer

Please email the member of staff next to the area you are interested in and we will contact you. Landscape and gardening - william.abel@cslsr.org Sunday hospitality - linda.hann@cslsr.org Facility housekeeping - william.abel@cslsr.org Video team - christopher.fritzsche@cslsr.org Facility projects (painting, organizing, repair) - william.abel@cslsr.org Skilled help (electrical, plumbing, etc.) - william.abel@cslsr.org Event Parking Lot surveillance - william.abel@cslsr.org Zoom tech - russ.legear@cslsr.org  "When we serve others, we gain more than hope. We gain energy." — Margaret J. Wheatley in  Turning to One Another "All acts of service are meaningless unless they are given with love." — Sai Baba in  Wisdom from World Religions  by Sir John Templeton