Skip to main content

Science of Mind Archives Relocated and Reopened


I have wanted to visit Unity Village since I first became aware of it, and being at the opening celebration of the Science of Mind archives gave me a perfect opportunity to do that.




I am in awe and appreciation for those who have gathered and found a way to preserve the teachings of Ernest Holmes in such a special place that I found Unity Village to be. At the celebration dinner, it was interesting to hear the presentations of those who spoke not only of the early days of Ernest Holmes but also of the Science of Mind magazine.



Many of us no doubt remember our first introduction to Science of Mind, as I certainly do. For me, it was the Science of Mind magazine through which I then found the church. At the archive,s it was fun to be able to read and photograph the page from the Science of Mind magazine on the day I was born. How easy it is to take what we have for granted, and as I reflect with appreciation for the teaching and the preservation of the archives, I ask myself what am I doing to not only live the teaching but also to pass it on for the next generation. Sometimes, there’s no other way to show appreciation other than to find a way to pass it on.

I went to the Sunday service at the beautiful Unity Village Chapel. The minister spoke of a vision she had for all the teachings in the New Thought movement having a place for their archives at Unity Village, and I share that vision.

 Many years ago, I had an incredible opportunity to tour Odiyan and their mission is to be a home for the preservation of the sacred art, symbols and teachings of Tibet Buddism in the west and in a similar way I picture Unity Village being an appropriate place for the preservation of the teachings of New Thought.

Kind regards,
Pamela Jasper, Member
Center for Spiritual Living, Santa Rosa


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We're Passing the Baton, is it to you?

We have mentioned before that we are intending to gradually scale back on bookstore duties and eventually step down completely.  We are actively seeking people to help in the following areas: advertising, computer skills (Excel, Word), social media, graphic art (creative signage), special events, deep cleaning and the BIG ONE...retail management and retail buying skills.  Passing the baton Yes, we wish to pass on the management of the store to new volunteers, preferably a manager and assistant manager (or perhaps a management team).  In this store's management, the most important and time-consuming tasks are ordering product, input of product and managing the product.  We would train and continue to advise (if necessary) to ensure a smooth transition of leadership in the two basic areas of gift items and books. For a while, we wish to retain the decorating portion of managing the store. Managing the store is a HUGE responsibility, but the rewards are ten...

Meet your extraordinary Board Trustee and Treasurer, Karen Hatten.

and....Karen wears many hats in Service to our community. On most Sunday mornings she can be found greeting guest and welcoming newcomers.  Thank you Karen for your love and service to our spiritual community.  

How to Volunteer

Please email the member of staff next to the area you are interested in and we will contact you. Landscape and gardening - william.abel@cslsr.org Sunday hospitality - linda.hann@cslsr.org Facility housekeeping - william.abel@cslsr.org Video team - christopher.fritzsche@cslsr.org Facility projects (painting, organizing, repair) - william.abel@cslsr.org Skilled help (electrical, plumbing, etc.) - william.abel@cslsr.org Event Parking Lot surveillance - william.abel@cslsr.org Zoom tech - russ.legear@cslsr.org  "When we serve others, we gain more than hope. We gain energy." — Margaret J. Wheatley in  Turning to One Another "All acts of service are meaningless unless they are given with love." — Sai Baba in  Wisdom from World Religions  by Sir John Templeton