Skip to main content

Bored? Not on our Board?


The Board of Trustees holds a role that rarely draws attention, and it deserves recognition all the same. Nine trustees, together with our senior minister, carry the responsibility of holding the present and future of this Center in trust. They meet monthly, review policy, weigh decisions with care, and safeguard the community many of us call home.

Board service asks for time, discernment, and a willingness to think beyond any single Sunday toward the long arc of this community's life. Our trustees bring exactly that. Their meetings are open to the public, a choice that reflects transparency and trust in the membership they serve.

Thank you to every trustee who has given hours of thought and care to the direction of this Center. This community moves forward because of the stewardship they offer.



Recruitment Begins This Month

This month opens the recruitment phase for the Board of Trustees. Three seats will come open in 2027, and the search for the members who will fill them starts now. Serving as a trustee offers a deeper connection to this community and an opportunity to give and receive in equal measure.

Trustees serve three-year terms. Candidates are asked to have been a member of the Center for at least one year, and to already express love for the Center through some form of volunteer service and a regular, identifiable giving practice. Board service deepens spiritual practice as much as it strengthens the Center itself.

An Invitation

If you feel a pull toward this kind of service, this is a good time to explore what it might mean for you. Board meetings take place on Zoom and remain open to the public, so you are welcome to attend and see the work firsthand before applying.

Reach out to info@cslsr.org for information on the recruitment process, the application, and the schedule of upcoming public meetings.

Thank you to everyone who has served, and to everyone considering service now. This community is held in good hands.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Focus on Being A Trustee: Lawrence Edwards.

Thank you, Lawrence and the past and future trustees for guiding our  Center and volunteering your time and expertise.  Are you interested in becoming a trustee?   Contact us at info@cslsr.org

What I Love About Being a Volunteer - Mary Ann Granieri

"I’ve always loved using my talents to contribute in some way to my community. It brings me a sense of satisfaction and well-being to help create, nurture, and sustain a healthy spiritual community that in turn supports and sustains so many others, individually as well as those in our local and global communities. Volunteering at the Center has allowed me to meet new people in a way that’s been easy and fun. A spirit of camaraderie easily develops as we collaborate on a common goal. I’ve developed dear friendships with some of the people I’ve met volunteering. It’s also created an opportunity to work with and get to know many of the talented and hard-working staff and ministers who are so dedicated to this Center. My appreciation for CSLSR and for everyone who contributes to it has grown immensely as I’ve glimpsed a bit of what goes on behind the scenes. As I’ve been able to contribute and create by volunteering, I’ve also received much. I feel truly seen, valued, and appreciated....

What I Love About Being a Volunteer - Bette Smith

"I love volunteering at the Center because I get so much in return. I meet new and interesting people and connect with people I haven’t seen in years. I like working behind the scenes so I help Allan Yeager with some parts of the website which is a job I can do from home. I work in the bookstore where I’m surrounded by beautiful items for sale. And I love teaching classes because I have benefited so much from all the classes I’ve taken.  Coming to the Center for over twenty five years has changed my life. I love giving back my beloved Center that has fed me and helped me grow." -Bette Smith