Skip to main content

Jan Davis - Why I am Grateful


I often hear our Center described as “a spiritual community that promotes global transformation through personal transformation.” I know I’ve been personally transformed at the Center through the weekly messages, classes, and mostly through the path of volunteering.

Volunteering has introduced so many wonderful people into my life and given me chances to share my talents. Even more than that, volunteering gives me opportunities to practice the spiritual tools I’ve learned, and so many opportunities to learn about being a better person in relationships.

I am grateful for everything that volunteering has brought into my life, and deeply grateful for the actions of so many other volunteers who create the Center so I can be lifted up each week.

Someone puts out the cones and signs in the parking lot well before I arrive on Sunday morning. Some loving voice answers the phone when I call. Someone cleans up the leaves in the parking lot. Someone takes care of the children. Someone creates the beautiful decorations on the stage. Someone organizes the amazing classes and workshops that are offered. Someone repairs the plumbing when it leaks. Someone creates the recordings of the services. Someone maintains the website. Someone visits when you’re sick. Someone is always praying.

So many loving hands and hearts in action. So many unseen faces. So many expressions of selfless service.

I am grateful.

Jan Davis

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We're Passing the Baton, is it to you?

We have mentioned before that we are intending to gradually scale back on bookstore duties and eventually step down completely.  We are actively seeking people to help in the following areas: advertising, computer skills (Excel, Word), social media, graphic art (creative signage), special events, deep cleaning and the BIG ONE...retail management and retail buying skills.  Passing the baton Yes, we wish to pass on the management of the store to new volunteers, preferably a manager and assistant manager (or perhaps a management team).  In this store's management, the most important and time-consuming tasks are ordering product, input of product and managing the product.  We would train and continue to advise (if necessary) to ensure a smooth transition of leadership in the two basic areas of gift items and books. For a while, we wish to retain the decorating portion of managing the store. Managing the store is a HUGE responsibility, but the rewards are ten...

Meet your extraordinary Board Trustee and Treasurer, Karen Hatten.

and....Karen wears many hats in Service to our community. On most Sunday mornings she can be found greeting guest and welcoming newcomers.  Thank you Karen for your love and service to our spiritual community.  

How to Volunteer

Please email the member of staff next to the area you are interested in and we will contact you. Landscape and gardening - william.abel@cslsr.org Sunday hospitality - linda.hann@cslsr.org Facility housekeeping - william.abel@cslsr.org Video team - christopher.fritzsche@cslsr.org Facility projects (painting, organizing, repair) - william.abel@cslsr.org Skilled help (electrical, plumbing, etc.) - william.abel@cslsr.org Event Parking Lot surveillance - william.abel@cslsr.org Zoom tech - russ.legear@cslsr.org  "When we serve others, we gain more than hope. We gain energy." — Margaret J. Wheatley in  Turning to One Another "All acts of service are meaningless unless they are given with love." — Sai Baba in  Wisdom from World Religions  by Sir John Templeton